2 red peppers
2 green peppers
2 beefsteak tomatoes, skinned
5 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
4 small garlic sausages
1. Cut the peppers in half & remove & discard the stems, cores & seeds.
2. Finely slice the tomatoes.
3. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium heat & add the onions & peppers & cook for about 5 minutes, until softened, stirring frequently.
4. Add the garlic & cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
5. Slice the garlic sausages, add to the pan & stir to mix.
6. Cover & simmer for about 35 minutes, until the vegetables & garlic sausage slices are tender.
7. Serve hot.
Serve with hunks of wholemeal bread & a mixed leaf salad.
1. Use chorizo sausage in place of garlic sausages.
2. Remove the casing & crumble the sausage into the pan before cooking.
3. Stir 2 tbsp sour cream into the letscho & allow to heat through gently without boiling before serving.
- Jan 02 Fri 2009 10:29